Foundational skills in hairstyling, barbering plus introduction to aesthetics
Hairstylists and barbers may be employed in a variety of settings including salons, barbershops, spas, through self - employment, in residential institutions, or in theatre or television.
St. Louis HAIR SALON in Kitchener & Cambridge is open to the public on FRIDAYS ONLY! (please check this link for information how to make appointments and view the Price List 2013-14)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have completed 16 secondary school credits
- Be willing to work flexible hours in work placements that may have varied hours
- Successfully complete literacy test and inteview at orientation/registration session
- Provide proof of status in Canada & photo identification
- Tuition fee is paid from Ministry of Education funding
- $1000 non-refundable materials fee (textbooks, hairstyling kit & mannequins)
- Fee for Ministry of Training, Colleges and University Challenge exams are the responsibility of the participant
- This program does not qualify for OSAP assistance
Terms & Methods of payment
- $100 cash deposit required at time of registration / orientation session
- $900 payable by first class
- Mastercard, VISA, Debit or cash accepted
- St. Louis - Kitchener Main Campus, 80 Young St.
- St. Louis - Cambridge Campus, 82 Beverly St.
- 28 weeks in-class instruction
- 220-hour work placement
- Monday to Friday, 8:45 am – 3:30 pm at St. Louis – Cambridge Campus
- Monday to Friday, 8:45 am – 3:30 pm at St. Louis – Kitchener Main Campus
- Work placement times of day may vary
- Grade 12 diploma not required to start
- Participants may earn 8 secondary school credits
- Work experience and employer contacts
- Approval may be given to complete work placement at a business where the participant currently holds a part-time job
APPRENTICESHIP - OYAP
- A High School diploma is required to become a registered Apprentice in Ontario. You can still register as an Apprentice prior to completing your Diploma requirements through OYAP. The St. Louis Hairstyling Program can provide 8 credits toward the Ontario Secondary School Diploma for all successful participants.
- Ontario Certified Teacher & Certified Licensed Hairstylists with industry experience in cosmetology and adult education
- Program is instructor-led with extensive hands-on learning.
To register attend the mandatory orientation / registration session (NO registration required to attend)