Unable to attend day or evening classes?
Then CORRESPONDENCE is the SOLUTION!
You can attain Secondary School Credits toward your Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma
OR use them for upgrading for your College or University applications. And you do your work from wherever you are most comfortable!
St. Louis - CAMBRIDGE ANNEX (Rm A1), 50 Saginaw Pkwy.Cambridge (behind St. Benedict CSS off Green Vista Dr.)
Register between Now and June 23, 2015 (see Holiday Schedule on home page for school closures)
- Tuesday: 3:30pm - 7:30 pm
- You can pick up additional books, pick up and submit lessons, and add an extra course at this time
- Tuesday: 3:30pm - 8:30 pm
- Exam and Lesson Submission End Date – June 23, 2015 – Office is closed for the summer!
KITCHENER MAIN CAMPUS 80 Young St., Kitchener
Register between Now and June 24, 2015 (see Holiday Schedule on home page for school closures)
- Monday 8:30 am - 12:15 pm and 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday: 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 12:15 pm and 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
TUTORS are available
- Monday: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Wednesday: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm and 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Thursday: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
You can pick up additional books, pick up and submit lessons, and add an extra course:
Monday: 8:30 am - 12:15 pm and 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Wednesday: 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 12:15 pm and 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Students 18 years of age or older NOT in full time attendance in a Secondary School
- Students 16 years of age or older with permission from your Secondary School Principal but NOT in full time attendance in a Secondary School
- Students under 18 and still registered at a high school full time can take a correspondence course for an additional fee ($300 per course)
- Students leaving school within the last year without a diploma require a principal to principal transfer form
- Contact your last high school to request a transcript of your courses and marks
- Bring the transcript, any other certificates, or international documents, and documents listed below:
Secondary School Credit Registration Requirements:
New Students: You must bring with you documents to substantiate:
- Your Legal Name and Date of Birth
- Your Status in Canada
- Photo Identification with current mailing address
- Previous High School Transcript or Credit Counselling Summary
Documents Accepted for Legal Name, Birth Date and Status in Canada: Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Record of Landing, Foreign Students must show valid Visa
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER WITHOUT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS!
Returning Students: You must show Photo ID and pay the annual counselling fee (if you have not received a refund)
FEATURES OF PROGRAM
Courses can be completed in about 10 weeks, but the timing is up to you.
Students who need a course for Fall Post-Secondary entrance should start no later than March 27, 2015
to ensure completion by the end of June, 2015
Book returns should be made at the time of your final exam, or if you decide to discontinue your course. Be sure to complete a book return form.
In addition to the non-refundable $40 marking fee that students pay for a course(s), there is a $30 annual counselling fee and an $100 refundable book deposit. If students are still in full-time high school, an additional $300 per course. Part-time high school students do not pay the extra fee but will need a Principal-to-Principal Transfer Request stating part-time and asking for the student to take a correspondence course.
St. Louis offers payment through direct debit, MasterCard, or Visa. Payments are made in the main office.
Requests for a book deposit refund must be made no later than one-year upon the termination of your course.
Submitting TWO lessons per week per course is recommended. Consideration may be given to accelerate your completion by your marker. Lessons must be done completely and thoroughly, every question indicated in the lesson books. You MUST complete both KEY and SUPPORT questions. Avoid one word, one sentence answers unless that is what is asked for. If you are unable to do a question or section, see a tutor (see schedule above). Markers will return incomplete lesson UNMARKED.
Exams are written at the Adult Learning Centres under supervision. You will be notified by your teacher-marker of the course requirements regarding exams. Refer to the schedule of course offerings to determine exam requirements in each particular course.
All courses will require a minimum 50% on the exam to ensure successful credit completion.
YOU MUST PASS THE EXAMS TO PASS THE COURSE
- FINAL MARKS for most Correspondence courses will consist of a 70% weighting for lessons and 30% weighting for the combined midterm and final exams. See the student information sheet (SIS) that is provided with your first set of lessons for details.
- LITERACY – all courses in all subject areas (including math!) will incorporate a percentage of each lesson and exam for literacy (spelling, grammar, etc.).
- LESSON REPEATS are NOT permitted.
All Documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF. Download
Adobe Acrobat Reader now!