Secondary School Language Credits are valuable for youth and adults and up to 5 different languages are offered
The following Secondary School Credit language classes are offered from September to June on Monday or Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings.
Classes have begun already and we not accepting new students at this time. The next opportunity to enrol in language credit classes is potentially for classes next Summer and/ or September, 2017.
Current Students NOTE:
There are NO CLASSES
- October 8-10, 2016 (Thanksgiving)
- December 21-31, 2016 (Holiday Break)
- January 2-7, 2017 (Holiday Break)
- February 18-20, 2017 (Family Day)
- March 13-18, 2017 (March Break)
- April 15-17, 2017 (Easter)
- May 20- 22, 2017 (Victoria Day)
Click Here –> for International Languages Credit Program details
The International Languages Secondary Program will help students:
- Prepare for post-secondary studies and careers in the fields of business, trade and communications
- Develop skills for international/ global employment opportunities
- Foster global awareness and understanding
- Earn one of the three components in the Waterloo Catholic District School Board’s International Certificate Program
International Languages – Secondary School Credit program is open to:
- students under 18 currently attending day classes at ANY Secondary School
- students over 18 currently earning secondary school credits in any other program at St. Louis
- any adult who is an Ontario resident
If you are interested in this program, and unsure if it is right for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have a child in Elementary school, consider exploring the International Languages – Elementary program available to them to learn a language for FREE.
All language credit courses, follow Ministry of Education guidelines and are accepted as credits towards an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Current graduation requirements recognize at least one credit in a third language and learning one of these languages may also be used toward a WCDSB International Certificate. St. Louis offers up to 3 credits in each language and it take 110 hours of instruction to earn a credit. At the beginning of secondary school credit class, teachers describe course outlines, learning outcomes, class expectations, attendance, assignments and culminating activities.
If you already have your OSSD and you are interested in pursuing formal education of learning a language for work, leisure or post-secondary purposes, the credit earned will be applied to your high school transcript, upon request.
Students enrolled in an International Languages- Secondary School Credit pay an annual $30 non-refundable student services fee, payable at registration. All other tuition costs are funded by the Ministry of Education.
International Education Certificate offered by the Waterloo Catholic District School Board requires learning a language as a key component of the Certificate. Congratulations to the first graduates of the program in 2015-16!
Always wanted to learn a language? Youth already in high school as well as adults in the community are welcomed!
STUDENT SUCCESS STORIES
Where are they now?
Do you know a St. Louis International Language student who took their learning to share a culture and change the world?