Earning and maintaining the OCSA Accreditation Certificate is an incredible honour and testament of quality programming that the St. Louis Personal Support Worker program does not take lightly. St. Louis strives everyday to stay current with the trends in the health care industry, as well as exceed the standardized teaching practices that institutions teach in their PSW certificate programs. 95% of PSW graduates gain employment. Employers tell us repeatedly that the feel St. Louis graduates are ready for their role when on placement. And for the second 3-year term in a row, St. Louis PSW has earned is accreditation!
St. Louis will be the leader of excellence in the education and development of PSW health care professionals within the communities we serve.
The St. Louis PSW Program will inspire and engage our students in order to realize their full potential. We will nurture hope, opportunity and success by:
- Providing accessible education to our students by removing barriers,
- Guiding students along their chosen career path so that they can support people’s needs to be healthy and independent according to the clients’ choices and capabilities,
- Following approved educational standards necessary to provide PSW students of excellence,
- Consistently demonstrating “Best Practice” Guidelines, and
- Collaborating with our Community Partners in order to serve the diverse and ever changing needs of the community.