For over a decade now, St. Louis has successfully graduated thousands of students who pursued affordable skills training options that lead to sustainable employment right after school. Today, we still offer Culinary Arts, Hairstyling and Barbering, and Personal Support Worker training following current skills training expectations, trends in the industry and meeting employer expectations. Not only do students gain skills, and work experience, they earn Secondary School Credits too!
If you do not have your OSSD, you could earn 6-8 elective Secondary School Credits, depending on the 8 month program you choose. If you DO have your OSSD, these same credits could be applied to your high school transcript, showing improved grades, or courses relevant for any post-secondary applications.
By offering a “School-to-Work”, skills training option, the Ministry of Education covers the costs of “tuition” (instructors, classrooms). As a result, the only costs to students are the tools of the trade and instructional material, which would be an expected expense to you if you choose a similar program at any post-secondary or private institution.
Choose St. Louis Skills Training programs!
- Taught by Ontario Certified Teachers (under letter of permission)
- Instructors have a minimum 5 years industry experience
- All programs follow current industry expectations
- 6 months in-class instruction and hands-on training, plus 2 month off-site placement experience.
- Earn elective/optional Secondary School Credits
- ONLY $1000 materials fee (uniforms, textbooks, consumables)