Working this summer and still want to continue with school?
Cannot come to day class and correspondence works well for you?
St. Louis offers “Correspondence Summer Express” over July AND August.
Register NOW until June 29th. Pick up your self-study course material the week of June 26 and begin right away. Tutors are available on Wednesdays and all course work must be completed on or before the Exam on Aug 23. Complete 20 lessons in 50 days or less — that means completing a lesson every 2-3 days.
Correspondence Course Offerings
Correspondence / Self-Study may be taken in either booklet or online formats. Certified Teachers provide tutor support and are available on site during schedule hours and available to students choosing either format. (Note: online correspondence courses have no online teacher support)
Pick-up Course Material: Starting Mon, June 26
Start date: Tues, July 4
Mid-term Exam: on or before Wed, July 26
Final Exam: Wed, August 23
Exam Redo Date: Mon, Aug 28
Report card Pick-Up: Mon, Aug 28, 8am – 4pm in Main Office at St. Louis with photo ID
TUTORING & OFFICE HOURS
Mon, June 26 – 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30 -3:00pm
Tues, June 27 – 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30 -3:00pm / 5:30 -7:30pm
Wed, June 28 – 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30 -3:00pm / 5:30 -7:30pm
Thurs, June 29 – 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30 -3:00pm
Closed June 30 – July 3
Tues, July 4 – 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30 -3:00pm / 5:30 -7:30pm
Wed, July 5 – 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30 -3:00pm / 5:30 -7:30pm
Thurs, July 6 – 8:30am -12:30 / 1:30 -3:00pm
Wed, July 12 – 8:30am -11:00am / 5:30pm -7:30 pm
Wed, July 19 – 8:30am -11:00am / 5:30pm -7:30 pm
Wed, July 26 – 8:30am -11:00am / 5:30pm -7:30 pm
Wed, Aug 2 – 8:30am -11:00am / 5:30pm -7:30 pm
Wed, Aug 9 – 8:30am -11:00am / 5:30pm -7:30 pm
CLOSED — Aug 10 – 22
Wed, Aug 23 – 8:30am -11:00am / 5:30pm -7:30 pm — EXAM DAY
Mon, Aug 28 – 8:30am -11:00am OFFICE HOURS ONLY (No tutors available)
School Closures: June 30 – July 3, Aug 10-22
Correspondence Office, Tutor Support and Lesson Drop-Off Box is held at St. Louis Adult Learning Centre – Kitchener Main Campus at 80 Young Street, behind Kitchener City Hall.
Just a 5 minute walk from the Charles Street Bus Terminal
**Parking onsite is limited and on a first come, first serve basis.**
|The following student information should be considered when choosing a Correspondence Summer Express course through St. Louis:
|· Correspondence students are responsible for their own lesson completion schedule and progress. Only one lesson book (containing 4-5 lessons) may be signed out at any given time.
· Students must prepare their own study notes for the final exam, as they progress though the course.
· Students must be present for the final exam in-person with photo ID on the scheduled date.
|Student Code of Behaviour:|
|· School attire must be suitable for an educational environment. Summer School Administration have the right to determine what is appropriate school attire – no halter tops or tank tops. (St. Louis is air conditioned.)
· A complete Student Code of Behaviour Expectations is available in your Correspondence Orientation package.
|· Correspondence Express students are not required to attend St. Louis during Correspondence Office and Tutoring Hours. Correspondence is a self-study approach with access to tutor support by our St. Louis Ontario Certified Teachers. Attendance is not required, however accessing tutors at St. Louis is encouraged.
· Each Correspondence / Self-Study credit consists of 20 lessons plus a final exam and possibly a midterm exam.
· Lessons must be submitted in a timely manner. Allow a minimum of 20 hours per week for one credit.
· All lesson material must be returned.
· Midterm exam must be written at St. Louis on or before Wed, July 26th.
· Final exams will take place at St. Louis on Wed, August 23 during correspondence office hours.
. Exam Redo date take place on Mon, Aug 28th, 8:30-11am (only if first attempt is less than 50% – no exceptions)
|Communication with Teachers:|
|· Communication with markers will be through email and will be provided at the start of your course.|
|Transportation and Parking:|
|· No Transportation is provided or financially supported for Correspondence students
· On-site parking spaces are limited to students on a first come first serve basis.
|Marks for Post-Secondary Schools:|
|· All post-secondary applicants must complete and submit a consent form at St. Louis to allow us to send their marks. Submit this form to the Guidance Office at St. Louis.
· Midterms for summer school will NOT be sent to OCAS or OUAC.
· At the time of the final exam, students must inform Correspondence where they wish to have their final marks sent (current secondary or prospective post-secondary school)
· OCAS – Gr. 12 students who have already applied to college will need to add that they are currently attending St. Louis to their OCAS application. St. Louis needs access to add courses & marks directly.
· OUAC – Gr. 12 students have to give us their OUAC ref# and we send a letter to OUAC. OUAC enters each student’s final mark to their application.
|· No registration cost to Correspondence Summer Express students. The $50 student services fee will be waived. All students will be held responsible for lost textbooks or any damage to course material.
· Correspondence Express students: $40 non-refundable Course fee applicable. Fee may be paid and resources picked up during regular Correspondence office hours from June 26th to July 6th. See Correspondence Office and Tutoring Hours above.
· If student extends course past August 28, 2017 and returns full time to any high school in Ontario, an additional fee of $300 must be paid. If student extends course past Aug 28, 2017 and does not return to another secondary school in Ontario, the student must pay the annual $50 St. Louis student services fee.
· Visa/International students must contact Jody Fritz at the Waterloo Catholic District School Board office and pay for summer school prior to admittance. Registration forms may be completed online, however Visa/International students will not be admitted to class without receipt from Board office. They can bring this receipt to St. Louis’ Main Office prior to the start of picking up course material on June 26th – July 6th
To PRE-REGISTER for Correspondence Summer Express at St. Louis, click the coloured button below .
You MAY register for either Summer Day classes OR Summer E-Learning courses, along with a Correspondence Summer Express, however be mindful of the workload of doing both simultaneously
BEFORE completing an online registration form, please visit with your Guidance Counsellor or the St. Louis Guidance Department to be confident that your course selection is part of your educational plan. ONLY PRE-REGISTER ONCE, please.
DEADLINE: JUNE 29, 2017
Online Registration is CLOSED!
You can still come to the Guidance Office and register for regular Correspondence and Term 1-Day Classes (Sept 6 start). See below for office open hours.
Guidance Registration Hours / Correspondence Office / Tutoring during summer:
Wednesdays: July 12, 19, 26 / Aug 2, 9, 23 —> 8:30am-11am / 5:30pm-7:30pm
For more information:
If you are a current student attending a public or Catholic secondary school, please contact your Guidance Counsellor BEFORE registering online for Correspondence Summer Express at St. Louis.
If you are an adult out of school for over 1 year or a previous St. Louis student, please visit the St. Louis Guidance Department in-person at Kitchener Main Campus
or call 519-745-1201
or email email@example.com