Cannot come to a Summer Day Class?
Are you more interested in the E-Learning course offerings?
Talk to your Guidance Counsellor about how to register!
The following courses are currently being offered as Secondary School Credit classes in an E-Learning format:
CHV2OE – Gr. 10 Civics and Society, Open Level (half credit = 2 weeks)
GLC2OE – Gr. 10 Careers, Open Level (half credit = 2 weeks)
HRT3ME – Gr. 11 World Religions (full credit = 4 weeks)
**Courses may not run due to insufficient enrolment, so please register early.
You may not enroll in a half credit AND a full credit at the same time, however you may enroll in 2 half credits.
Term I: Tues, July 4 – Friday July 14 ( ½ credit) Term II: Mon, July 17- Friday, July 28 ( ½ credit)
Full Term: Tues, July 4 – Friday July 28 (full credit)
Offline: *Canada Day Holiday: Monday, July 3
Tues, July 4 (Term I) / Mon, July 17 (Term II)
Term I Final Exam: Fri, July 14 (pm – online)
Full Disclosure: Fri, July 14 (full credit only)
Term II Final Exam: Fri, July 28 (am – online)
Full Term Final Exam: Fri, July 28 (am – online)
Report card Pick-Up: Tues, Aug 22nd, 8am- 12pm at St. Louis with photo ID. Mailed after Aug 31st
|The following information should be considered when students are choosing to take an E-Learning course through St. Louis:
|· Course changes will not be allowed once classes begin.
· Please communicate with your teacher online regularly, so that you are aware of your progress.
· Students are responsible to complete all course activities and assignments.
|Student Code of Behaviour:|
|· A complete Student Code of Behaviour Expectations will be shared online on the first day of class.
|· E-Learning Students must login the first day of class or they will be removed from the course.
· Students who know they will be absent from a test or assignment must contact the teacher beforehand. If the absence is unexpected, contact the teacher online as soon as possible.
· All ELearning course content, assignments and exam will be online. Students can expect that their online course will require a minimum of 6 hours of schooling each day. It is recommended that students log in each day to see news from the teacher, to stay on top of readings and to complete assignments.
· Vacation should be scheduled outside of summer school. Assessment deadlines and exams will not be rescheduled for vacation. A medical note, at a cost to the student will be required for missed exams.
· Students must be online for final exams on scheduled dates.
|Communication with Teachers:|
|· All online communication with teachers will take place through the D2L system.
|Marks for Post-Secondary Schools:|
|· If you would like marks sent to post-secondary institutions, please request and complete a consent form on the first day of class and submit this form in-person to the Guidance Office at St. Louis.
· College applicants must also login to their online application and add that they are currently attending St. Louis so that we can send your marks.
|Transportation and Parking:|
|· Should a student need to come to St. Louis Kitchener Main Campus in-person, no transportation is provided or financially supported for E-Learning students.
· On-site parking spaces are limited to students, on a first come, first serve basis.
- No registration cost to E-Learning students. Students are responsible for any and all printing costs.
- Visa/International students must contact Jody Fritz at the Waterloo Catholic District School Board office and pay for summer school prior to admittance. Registration forms may still be completed online, however Visa/International students will not be admitted to class without receipt from Board office. They can bring this receipt to the St. Louis Main office prior to the start of class on July 4th.
Registering for Summer E-Learning courses may only done online and in coordination with a Guidance Counsellor.
Confirm E-Learning course selection with your Guidance Counsellor. If you attend a WCDSB Catholic Secondary School, your Guidance Counsellor will register you on the Student Registration System (SRS). If you do not attend a WCDSB Catholic Secondary School, please select one of the two buttons below.
DO NOT register for Summer E-Learning courses and Summer Day classes, because you cannot be in enrolled in both at the same time. However… you may register for an E-Learning course AND a Correspondence Summer Express course simultaneously.
E-learning students will be contacted by email the week before class to provide a student number for login purposes. If students are unable to log in, please contact the St. Louis Summer School Principal for assistance.
DEADLINE: June 29, 2017
Courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrolment. Please register early.