Does your Grade 6, 7 or 8 son or daughter need help with reading, writing, computational skills and math?
Summer Skills Builder, offered the first 2 weeks of July will give them the confidence and fill some of the learning gaps to be successful in the next Grade level.
If your child needs assistance NOW, find out if they qualify to attend Saturday Skills Builder <– click here.
If your Gr. 7 or 8 child needs help to get through this transitional time and grades or study habits are suffering, encourage them to get the extra help he/she needs. Certified Intermediate qualified teachers will provide instruction and additional resources to assist with the skills and tasks that follow this year’s curriculum ~ prepare them for tests and assignments at the next grade level by filling in learning gaps with a more solid understanding of literary and numeric concepts & formulas, using fun and engaging exercises. As a parent or teacher, when your child is lost in school, their confidence is affected.
If you feel your child needs immediate support or you wish to get a sense of the benefits of this program, encourage them to participate in the Saturday Skills Builder program (Open to Gr 7 & 8 students ONLY). They may start ANYTIME. Register ONLINE until April 1st.
As part of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board’s values, creating success for each and a place for all, SUMMER Skills Builder is a literacy and numeracy support program for students currently attending Grades 6, 7 and 8 classes and entering Grades 7, 8, 9 in Fall of 2017. Students who may participate may be attending ANY school within Waterloo Region and has an OEN# (Ontario Enrolment Number, a 9-digit number found on your child’s current or past report cards).
- Would my child benefit from added instructional support at their grade level (Have they shown Level 1 or 2 in some areas of their progress reports)?
- Has your child’s day school teacher or principal recommended this program to be beneficial to your child? If you are not sure, have the conversation with them.
- Is your child: in Grade 6 entering Grade 7 in Sept 2017 (born 2005)
- Is your child: in Grade 7 entering Grade 8 in Sept 2017 (born 2004)
- Is your child: in Grade 8 entering Grade 9 in Sept 2017 (born 2003)
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, July 4 to Friday, July 14
(program not offered on Canada Day Holiday, July 3rd)