WCDSB Director of Education, Loretta Notten sends an open letter to all Catholic Secondary School Students stating that the WCDSB Catholic Secondary School start date has been moved to Monday September 14th.
Catholic Elementary schools still plan to be opened with staggered starts between September 8 to September 11, by grades. We know that there will be many new routines for our students to learn. And we are continuing to work hard to prepare our schools and to prepare our staff to welcome our students. We feel it is prudent and critical to a successful start to stagger the start of school for our students.
WCDSB is also challenged to fully schedule and staff our virtual school(s).
The newest virtual school for WCDSB K-12 students is now named St. Isidore.
St. Louis Adult and Continuing Education has had self-directed and online learning options for adults for a number of years and St. Louis’ Fall 2020 start up will also have staggered starts.
See below for highlights or visit our website for details.
Here are some St. Louis start-up highlights:
- Term 1 Secondary Credit Courses begin daily classes remotely Wednesday, September 9th. Register NOW and earn a credit in less than 8 weeks.
- Self-directed online courses begin Monday, September 28 with options to earn credits around your schedule. Certified teacher tutor support available in-person and by appointment.
- International Languages Secondary School Credit courses are part of the above credit course registration process. Register NOW for Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish classes
- All PSW, Culinary and Hairstyling students who were unable to complete their practical skills in class back in March and April have already returned to complete the last portion of their professional skills training, in-person, and in-school. This hands-on learning in a safe school environment will prepare these students for their placements later this month. Licensed Child Care is available onsite to support St. Louis students. Registration has begun!
- A NEW cohort of PSW, Culinary and Hairstyling students begin September 28. St. Louis has small class sizes that will allow for in-person learning and skills development. If you want to be ready to graduate next Spring, Register NOW for these high demand professional training programs. Tuition is free, with affordable materials fees! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Core Essentials will be offered in-person in small class sizes beginning September 14
- ESL and LINC will only be offered in-person for those English Language learners with the lowest literacy levels. All students with Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 2 and higher will continue with remote learning morning, afternoon, evening and Saturdays this Fall. ESL & LINC Classes start September 14
- Saturday and after school children’s language programs starting soon. Visit webpage for details.