Don’t Give Up. UPGRADE!
School may not have been easy for you, and the thought of going back to school makes you nervous. You know that going back to school is important. If you have attempted without the results you wanted…. don’t give up. Upgrade with us at St. Louis’ Core Essentials program.
Core Essentials will help you get there!
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement
Students who take CorE:
- Prepare for their next step such as: Secondary School Credit courses, employment or volunteer work
- Maturity Credits, PLAR and School-to Work Skills Training
- Learn how to learn again — as an adult!
- Build confidence in reading, writing and math skills
- Focus on long-term goals and know what needs to be done to get there
- A comfortable classroom environment
- Flexible daytime hours of study
- Instruction tailored to your goals
- Certified adult instructors who will guide and prepare you, respect your needs and eagerly help you learn
- Upgrading to prepare for many credit classes, including English and Math
E-learning options & other technology as an educational tool (if you choose)
Core Essentials is offered September to June, Monday to Thursday, 8:45am – 3:00pm at two St. Louis locations: St. Louis – Kitchener Main Campus and St. Benedict Campus. Length of the Program and frequency of attendance to achieve goals is determined at time of intake and during the development of your personalized learning plan.
Core Essentials is a FREE program. Eligible students may qualify for free bus tickets and assistance with child care costs.
Start Anytime during the school-year (September to June).
Dina Amorim, Core Essentials Intake Coordinator, supports students by determining their current literacy and basic skills and developing a personalized plan with them to achieve their educational, volunteer and/or employment goals. Please call 519-503-6987 or 519-745-1201 ext. 238 to book a meeting with her.
Meet the Core Essentials Team!
- Karen Morgan-Bowyer (Program Manager)
- Dina Amorim (Intake Coordinator & Hair Essentials Instructor)
- Tracey Renon (Administrative Assistant)
- Heather Lee (Cambridge Instructor)
- Noreen Appleby (PSW Essentials Instructor)
- Sandy Coghlin (Kitchener Instructor & Chef Essentials Instructor)
- Kim Jensen (Kitchener Instructor & Chef Essentials Instructor)
- Brenda Krys (Supply Instructor)
- Stephanie Peterson (Hair Essentials Supply Instructor)