If you are planning to apply for Canadian Citizenship, begin by taking a preparation class and then apply. There is only a short time between applying and writing the test.
St. Louis’ Citizenship Preparation program covers three key components in 9 sessions:
- Citizenship test topics are covered, including Geography, History, Government, Voting, Rights & Responsibilities
- Covers all test content and provides strategies to succeed!
- Citizenship practices test opportunities. Students who took the class and wrote the test received a 90% pass rate!
Classes are offered at St. Louis – St. Mary’s Campus:
- Tuesday evenings, 6:30pm – 9:30pm Sept 29, 2020 to June 15, 2021
- Saturday mornings, 9:00am-12:00pm Oct. 3, 2020 to June 19, 2021
NOTE: To be eligible to take the Canadian Citizenship test, you must have a CLB level 4 in listening and speaking confirmed. For the greatest success and best use of your time, it is strongly recommended that you have CLB 4 before taking the Citizenship preparation course. We can provide proof of CLB 4 completion to St. Louis LINC or ESL students. If you already have CLB4 and were not a student with us, and still need a language test, look at CELPIP website for more details.