St. Louis Adult and Continuing Education Centres puts the emphasis on “continuing education” with this variety of literacy and numeracy programs for youth (Grades 7-10). Offered outside of regular instructional hours, the before/ after school, Saturday morning, summer programs will assist your child with confidence, increased attention and skills-based instruction that will assist them with the transitional and academic challenges of their grade level.
- Saturday Skills Builder – open to Grades 7 & 8 students attending any school in Waterloo Region (Registration required)
- Homework Clubs – open to Grades 7 & 8 students attending a participating Catholic Elementary School with the WCDSB. Ask your child’s classroom teacher or school Principal for details and if they offer similar supports for younger grades.
- Homework Clubs — open to Grades 9 & 10 students attending any Catholic Secondary School with the WCDSB. Dates and time of year vary from school to school. Ask the Student Success Department for details.
- NEW Summer EXPEDITION (Summer Skills Builder 2.0) – open to students currently enrolled in or entering Grades 7 & 8 and attending any school in Waterloo Region (Program registration required)
- Get a HEADStart to Grade 9 — open to Grade 8 student going into Grade 9 and attending one of our five Catholic Secondary Schools. HEADStart is an optional, summer academic preparation program that is just one of the many supportive ways our school board invites students to “Experience the Difference” of a Catholic school. HEADStart has become wildly popular in recent years, and therefore will have a limited enrolment capacity. (Program registration required)