St. Louis believes in supporting the 21st Century Learner!
- Offer CoOL (Courses On-Line) through our Correspondence / Self-Study Department;
- Offer e-Learning courses (Summer Only & for high school age students only);
- Blend in-class learning in a traditional setting, with access to computer labs, WiFi, and Desire2Learn- D2L (c);
- Encourage use of technology in the classroom and “bring your own devices”, when appropriate;
- Continually increasing Wi-Fi access at most of our campuses;
- Provide access to software and technology resources that supports students with learning challenges;
Check out this Orientation to Correspondence Online presentation to help get you started.
Other CoOL courses offered:
E-Learning Courses (Summer ONLY):
Registering for digital modes of learning?
Registration, Guidance Services and Fees are identical to processes for Day Classes.
What is the difference between an Online and an E-Learning course?
Online (CoOL – Correspondence Online) – Online courses or “CoOL” courses provide students the opportunity to take self-directed courses by exclusively accessing the material on line at the pace of their choosing. Teacher interaction and direction online is minimal, however St. Louis students taking CoOL courses may access Certified Teachers during Correspondence tutoring hours.
E-Learning – E-Learning courses are taught outside a traditional classroom. The teacher utilizes digital technologies to deliver course content completely online. Student–teacher contact is through the course site and email. Students need to be self-motivated and have the ability to study independently in an effective way. Currently, e-Learning courses are only offered in summer school.
For More Information:
Contact St. Louis Guidance firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-745-1201