St. Louis proudly supports our students and downtown Kitchener businesses with access to quality, affordable , licensed child care services that is recognized by the Region of Waterloo Child Care Services, Onelist and the Ministry of Education.
Spots for Tots is a centre-based licensed child care program, regulated by the Ministry of Education and supported by the Region of Waterloo Children’s Services department around Child Care Quality Assurance and access to the OneList. As part of the Ministry of Education licensing requirements, feel free to read the Spots for Tots Program Statement.
When your pre-school age child attends St. Louis’ child care centre, know that we are committed to providing a quality, fun, and safe environment where your child will:
- Learn through play
- Interact with other children
- Develop the skills to prepare them for Kindergarten
The child-care centre is open for a morning and afternoon block (2hours 55 minutes)
- 8:45 am to 11:40 pm
- 12:30 pm to 3:25 pm
Spots for Tots is not a daycare or extended day program. As a child care centre, we are closed over lunch and do not provide child care or lunch for your child at that time.
Spots for Tots licensed child care centre is
- available to all children ages 24 months to 5 years of age (with limited space for toddlers)
- accessible to parents attending St. Louis
- accessible to parents in the community looking for a stimulating part-time program for their pre-school child and who would find our location and hours of operation convenient.
St. Louis prides itself by offering affordable child care services, in keeping with the child care subsidy rates.
Cost per child:
- $16.50 per half day
- $33.00 per full day
If you cannot afford these child care rates, families requiring financial assistance can apply for Child Care Subsidy though the Region of Waterloo Children Services Department.
There are two ways to apply for subsidy:
Apply Online via OneList Waterloo Region – Be sure to select Waterloo Region Licensed Child Care and enter St. Louis Spots for Tots. (Although St. Louis is part of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we do not offer school-based extended day programs)
Call the Child Care Subsidy office at 519-883-2200
Registration for child care services at St. Louis is ongoing from August 29, 2016 to June 23, 2017, however space is limited!
To register, please contact St. Louis Spots for Tots directly at 519-749-4870 or visit St. Louis – Kitchener Main Campus
We believe that children are:
- Competent, curious and capable of complex thinking
- All children are rich in potential
- Children are motivated learners
We believe that families are:
- deserving of respect and equal access to quality early learning and care for their children
- the base of their children’s development and experts on their own children
Our educators are:
- warm, responsive and reflective in their practice
- co-learners with children and families
- develops skills for lifelong learning
- encourages problem solving and self-regulation
- embraces and values all families
- is guided by the principles in the Ontario Ministry of Education document “How Does Learning Happen?”
- fosters a sense of self and self-confidence through opportunities, challenges and successes
Whether you have already registered your child for Spots for Tots child care or you are considering it, please review the attached Spots for Tots Parent Handbook and Spots for Tots Waitlist Policy. We want you to gain greater insight as to how we best care for your child and what we need from you to keep your child safe.
For more information:
Please contact St. Louis Spots for Tots Supervisor directly
by calling this separate phone number: 519-749-4870.