Talking to a Guidance Counsellor at St. Louis is not entirely like when you were in high school last. St. Louis Guidance Counsellors are certified teachers with Guidance qualifications and experience, however they also understand your adult responsibilities, perspectives and sense of urgency to get where you want to go.
You do not need to make an appointment, however students are seen in queue during Guidance Office Hours
|St. Louis – Kitchener Main Campus,
80 Young St, Kitchener
|Monday to Thursday||8:30am – 12:30pm / 1:30pm – 3:00pm|
|Tues & Wed||5:30pm – 7:30pm|
Guidance will come to Cambridge, Once a Month
|St. Louis- St. Benedict Campus,50 Saginaw Pkwy, Cambridge
(behind St. Benedict Catholic Secondary School, off Green Vista Dr.)
|Oct. 24||11:30am – 1:30pm|
|Nov. 21||11:30am – 1:30pm|
|Dec. 12||11:30am – 1:30pm|
Please plan to arrive no later than 30 minutes before Guidance hours are finished. Depending on the time of day and time of year, line-ups to see Guidance staff may occur. And despite the wait, Guidance will spend the time needed with you, which averages 15-20 minutes.
To maximize your time with a St. Louis Guidance Counsellor, the following items will be helpful to review your academic progress and develop a plan together. If you plan to register for a credit course, these items are required:
- Documents with your Legal Name and Date of Birth
- Documents with your Status in Canada
- Photo Identification (ID)
- Previous High School Transcript or Credit Counselling Summary
- Up-to-date Resume (if you wish to have your work and volunteer experience recognized under PLAR)
- Principal to Principal Transfer Request Form (if you attended another high school in the last year without having completed a diploma)
- Letter to verify completion of CLB 6 (if you are a LINC or ESL student)
- and a Secondary School Credit Pre-Registration Form if you chose to download and complete it in advance of your meeting with Guidance
INTEND TO GRADUATE?
Completed all your OSSD Requirements (including your 40 hours of community activities)? Deadline for 2016-17 has passed. Current students will graduate with the Class of 2017-18. Please submit an Intent to Graduate Form 2017-18 before August 31, 2018.
FIND OUT how you can earn credits as a mature adult?