Experience the Difference Summer Boost Makes!
Open to WCDSB students currently enrolled in Senior Kindergarten to Grade 6
Beginning July 4th, the Waterloo Catholic District School Board (WCDSB) will be offering 15 days of in-person FREE Literacy and Numeracy learning support for students currently in SK to Grade 6 inclusive through the Summer Boost program.
If you are interested in bridging the gaps in learning, making new friends online, honing your Literacy and Numeracy skills through fun and engaging activities, learning more about mental health and resiliency, as well as weekly STEM challenges… then Summer Boost is for YOU!
- Have a variety of opportunities for hands on learning through weekly STEM challenges and other outreach programs
- Served healthy snacks daily and will be engaged in regular physical activity that emphasizes teamwork, skills and sportsmanship;
- Engaged in fun literacy/numeracy activities at school and home with family members as part of the Home Numeracy/Literacy Program;
- Receive an integrated arts education as cooperative activities will be designed each week to promote creative and thinking and expression through music, drama and visual arts;
- Access technology including chromebooks, codable robots, micro:bits and more;
- Make new friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.
July 4-22, 2022
Monday to Friday (15 Days)
9:00am – 12:00pm
- Kitchener – St. John, 99 Strange Street, Kitchener
- Waterloo – Sir Edgar Bauer, 660 Glen Forrest Boulevard, Waterloo
- Cambridge – St. Peter, 92 Avenue Road, Cambridge
Summer Boost is FREE, registration is required and transportation is not provided.
For more information or updates on the Summer Boost program, please visit the host school site
or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-576-5503