This summer school credit course has begun. Current WCDSB students who will begin grade 9 at a WCDSB secondary school in September 2020 are participating.
HIF1OI: Exploring Family Studies. Learn how individuals relate to others, how to manage resources, and how to become responsible members of society. Explore adolescent development and develop interpersonal, decision-making, and practical skills related to daily life. Learn about the diverse ways in which families function in Canada and use research skills to explore topics related to individual and family needs and resources.
Class starts: TBD
Monday to Friday TBD
Final Exam: TBD
Full attendance is expected to earn a credit.
Locations: to be confirmed
Students are responsible for their own transportation.
* If cancellations are necessary due to insufficient enrollment, an effort will be made to offer enrollment at an alternate location.
Registration is CLOSED! Re-Opens ONLINE in March 2020.
International and VISA Students
Please contact Jodi Fritz at the WCDSB office ext 2373 to arrange for fees for summer school course prior to the start of classes. You must bring your receipt and ID to St. Louis in the last week of June in order to complete your summer school registration.
- Student must be present for the final exam.
- It is your responsibility to keep informed of your progress. Consult your teacher often.
- Students who know they will be absent from a test or assignments must speak to the teacher beforehand. If the absence is unexpected speak to the teacher immediately upon returning to the school. You are responsible for any missed work.
- Please note there are no Special Education teachers or Educational Assistants available to assist with program modifications / accommodations. Every effort will be made by the classroom teacher to support and enhance the learning of each student. Students with an Individual Education Plan are welcome to attend with the above understanding.
Attendance and Student Code of Behaviour
- If you do not attend the first day of class you will be removed from the course unless alternate arrangements have been made and approved prior to the start of the course.
- Attend all scheduled classes regularly and punctually. After 3 absences a student will be asked to withdraw from the course. (Note: 2 significant late arrivals equal one absent).
- Vacation should be scheduled outside of summer school. Assessments and exams will not be rescheduled for vacation. A medical note, at a cost to the student, will be required for a missed exam.
- School attire must be suitable for an educational environment. Summer School Administration have the right to determine what is appropriate school attire - no halter tops or tank tops.
- Student code of expectations will be distributed on the first day of class.