SEE YOU THIS SUMMER!
St. Louis offers several ways you can earn Secondary School Credits in Summer 2019!
Summer Course Offerings:
- Day classes
- Summer Credits@Work (for high school students) – CURRENTLY FULL until further notice!
- Summer 2 Credit Co-op
- Bridge to Success Gr. 9 Credit Program (HIF1OI)
Note: St. Louis offers NEW Credit courses ONLY. We do not offer half-day credit upgrading options.
DO NOT register for Summer E-Learning courses AND Summer Day classes. You may NOT be in enrolled in both at the same time.
Guidance Office Hours (available until July 4)
Monday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm / 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm / 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Thursday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm
Secondary School Credit, Teacher Directed Day Classes
are offered at St. Louis Kitchener Main Campus (80 Young St.) for the Summer 2019!
- ENG3CI – English, Gr. 11, College
- ENG3UI – English, Gr. 11, University
- ENG4CI – English, Gr. 12, College
- ENG4UI – English, Gr. 12, University
- MAP4CI – Foundations for College Math, Gr. 12, College
- MCF3MI – Functions and Applications, Gr. 11
- MCR3UI – Functions, Gr. 11, University
- MCT4CI – Math for College Technology, Gr. 12, College
- MHF4UI – Advanced Functions, Gr. 12, University
- OLC4OI – Ontario Literacy Course, Gr. 12, Open
- TXH4EI – Hairstyling & Aesthetics – Barbering, Gr. 12, Open
Summer Day Classes begin July 2 / end July 26
Monday to Friday, 8:30am -3:00pm
Start Date: Tuesday, July 2 (Mon., July 1 is Canada Day Holiday)
Full Disclosure: Friday, July 12
Final Exam: Friday, July 26
Lunch: 11:30 -12:00pm Breaks: 10:00-10:15am / 1:45-2:00pm
- There is NO registration cost to attend day class. All students will be held responsible for lost textbooks or any damage to course material.
- Visa/International students must contact RDO at Waterloo Catholic District School Board and pay for summer school prior to admittance. Registration forms may be completed online, however Visa/International students will not be admitted to class without receipt from Board office. Students can bring this receipt to the main office prior to the start of class on July 2
- Students must attend the first day of class or they will be removed from the course.
- Attend all scheduled classes regularly and punctually. After 3 absences, a student will be asked to withdraw from the course. If a student withdraws AFTER the full disclosure date, the course grade to that point will appear with a “W” (Withdraw) on your credit counselling summary.
- Final Report cards can be picked up on August 21 from 8:00am-12:00pm at St. Louis with photo ID
**Parking onsite is limited and on a first come, first serve basis.**
Summer e-Learning begins full and half credit courses July 2-26, 2019: Proposed courses are Civics & Careers, Religion and Health for Life!
**Courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrolment.
**Courses changes will NOT BE ALLOWED once classes begin.
Canada Day Holiday: Monday, July 1
Start Date: Tuesday, July 2 (half & full credit) / Friday July 12 (second half credit)
Full Disclosure Date: Friday July 12 (full credit only)
Final Exam ONLINE: Friday, July 12 (pm) / Friday, July 26 (am)
- ALL course content, assignments and exam will be online.
- Students can expect that their online course will require a minimum of 6 hours of schooling each day. Log-in is expected on the first day of class or they will be removed from the course.
- Students should log in each day to see news from the teacher, to stay on top of readings and to complete assignments. Students must be online for final exams on scheduled dates.
- Vacation should be scheduled outside of summer school. Assessment deadlines and exams will not be rescheduled for vacation. A medical note, at a cost to the student will be required for missed exams.
- No registration cost to E-Learning students. Students are responsible for any and all printing costs.
For more Information
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A FREE Summer Credit Co-op Program for current WCDSB students age 16-18 in Grade 11 & 12. Students are provided with an opportunity to experience a full-day unpaid work placement and earn credits during the summer. Pre-placement begins May, taught by certified Co-op teachers. Three mandatory in-class sessions on Thursdays and Saturdays in May and June.
Work Placements run from June 27 – August 2, 2019
NOTE: Students must be 16 years of age by June 26, 2019 and currently enrolled in a Catholic Secondary School.
Summer 2-credit co-op registration will re-open in February 2019! Please contact your Catholic Secondary School Co-op or Guidance Office for more information.
CURRENTLY FULL until further notice!
Already have a job?
SUMMER Credits@Work is a great opportunity to earn 1-2 co-op credits during the summer tfor current high school students who already have a volunteer position or employment.
If you are interested in more information about how to access Credit@Work over the summer, please see your home school Guidance Counsellor. (Note: there are NO Summer Guidance office hours)
Students must then register in person at St. Louis prior to June 26. Please bring a copy of your credit counselling summary, ID and your current Guidance counsellor’s email address.
Non-WCDSB students need to fax a credit-counselling summary to St. Louis Guidance at 519-745-9269
Online Registration is OPEN to Grade 8 students starting Grade 9 at one of our Catholic Secondary Schools in Fall 2019.
Fore details visit https://stlouis.wcdsb.ca/summer-programs/bridge-to-success/
Below is a full list of details that students must consider when registering for a Summer Secondary School Credit courses at St. Louis:
|Communication with Teachers:|
|Student Code of Behaviour:|
|Marks for Post-Secondary Schools:|