SEE YOU THIS SUMMER!
St. Louis offers several ways you can earn Secondary School Credits in Summer 2019!
Summer Course Offerings:
- Day classes – REG DEADLINE JUNE 26
- E-learning – REG DEADLINE JUNE 26
- Summer Credits@Work (for high school students) – CLOSED
- Summer 2 Credit Co-op – CLOSED
- Bridge to Success Gr. 9 Credit Program (HIF1OI) – CLOSED
Note: St. Louis offers NEW Credit courses ONLY. We do not offer half-day credit upgrading options.
DO NOT register for Summer E-Learning courses AND Summer Day classes. You may NOT be in enrolled in both at the same time.
Guidance Office Hours (available until July 4)
Monday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm / 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm / 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Thursday: 8:30am-12:30pm / 1:30pm-3:00pm
Secondary School Credit, Teacher Directed Day Classes
are offered at St. Louis Kitchener Main Campus (80 Young St.) for the Summer 2019!
- ENG3CI – English, Gr. 11, College
- ENG3UI – English, Gr. 11, University
- ENG4CI – English, Gr. 12, College
- ENG4UI – English, Gr. 12, University
- MAP4CI – Foundations for College Math, Gr. 12, College
- MCF3MI – Functions and Applications, Gr. 11
- MCR3UI – Functions, Gr. 11, University
- MCT4CI – Math for College Technology, Gr. 12, College
- MHF4UI – Advanced Functions, Gr. 12, University
- OLC4OI – Ontario Literacy Course, Gr. 12, Open – FULL
TXH4EI – Hairstyling & Aesthetics – Barbering, Gr. 12, Open— CANCELLED due to low enrollment
Summer Day Classes begin July 2 / end July 26
Monday to Friday, 8:30am -3:00pm
Start Date: Tuesday, July 2 (Mon., July 1 is Canada Day Holiday)
Full Disclosure: Friday, July 12
Final Exam: Friday, July 26
Lunch: 11:30 -12:00pm Breaks: 10:00-10:15am / 1:45-2:00pm
- There is NO registration cost to attend day class. All students will be held responsible for lost textbooks or any damage to course material.
- Visa/International students must contact RDO at Waterloo Catholic District School Board and pay for summer school prior to admittance. Registration forms may be completed online, however Visa/International students will not be admitted to class without receipt from Board office. Students can bring this receipt to the main office prior to the start of class on July 2
- Students must attend the first day of class or they will be removed from the course.
- Attend all scheduled classes regularly and punctually. After 3 absences, a student will be asked to withdraw from the course. If a student withdraws AFTER the full disclosure date, the course grade to that point will appear with a “W” (Withdraw) on your credit counselling summary.
- Final Report cards can be picked up on August 21 from 8:00am-12:00pm at St. Louis with photo ID
**Parking onsite is limited and on a first come, first serve basis.**
Summer e-Learning begins full and half credit courses July 2-26, 2019: Proposed courses are Civics & Careers, Religion and Health for Life!
HHS4UE|– CANCELLED due to low enrollment
HRT3ME | – FULL
HRE4ME | – FULL
OLC4OE | – FULL
CHV2OE (half) | – FULL
GLC2OE (half) | – FULL
**Courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrolment.
**Courses changes will NOT BE ALLOWED once classes begin.
Canada Day Holiday: Monday, July 1
Start Date: Tuesday, July 2 (half & full credit) / Friday July 12 (second half credit)
Full Disclosure Date: Friday July 12 (full credit only)
Final Exam ONLINE: Friday, July 12 (pm) / Friday, July 26 (am)
- ALL course content, assignments and exam will be online.
- Students can expect that their online course will require a minimum of 6 hours of schooling each day. Log-in is expected on the first day of class or they will be removed from the course.
- Students should log in each day to see news from the teacher, to stay on top of readings and to complete assignments. Students must be online for final exams on scheduled dates.
- Vacation should be scheduled outside of summer school. Assessment deadlines and exams will not be rescheduled for vacation. A medical note, at a cost to the student will be required for missed exams.
- No registration cost to E-Learning students. Students are responsible for any and all printing costs.
For more Information
or email email@example.com
Summer 2-credit co-op registration is CLOSED.
Please contact your Catholic Secondary School Co-op or Guidance Office for more information.
A FREE Summer Credit Co-op Program for current WCDSB students age 16-18 in Grade 11 & 12. Students are provided with an opportunity to experience a full-day unpaid work placement and earn credits during the summer. Pre-placement begins May, taught by certified Co-op teachers. Three mandatory in-class sessions on Thursdays and Saturdays in May and June.
Work Placements run from June 27 – August 2, 2019
NOTE: Students must be 16 years of age by June 26, 2019 and currently enrolled in a Catholic Secondary School.
Registration for Summer Credits@Work is CLOSED
If you are interested in more information about how to access Credit@Work in September, please see your home school Guidance Counsellor in the 2019-2020 school year or visit St. Louis Guidance after August 27, 2019 . (Note: there are NO Summer Guidance office hours)
Non-WCDSB students need to fax a credit-counselling summary to St. Louis Guidance at 519-745-9269
Online Registration is CLOSED
Bridge to Success is open to WCDSB Grade 8 students starting Grade 9 at one of our Catholic Secondary Schools in Fall 2019.
Full-time attendance from July 2-26 is required to earn this credit. There is a strict attendance policy to maintain the integrity of earning your first secondary school credit.
For details visit https://stlouis.wcdsb.ca/summer-programs/bridge-to-success/
Below is a full list of details that students must consider when registering for a Summer Secondary School Credit courses at St. Louis:
|Communication with Teachers:|
|Student Code of Behaviour:|
|Marks for Post-Secondary Schools:|