Does your Grade 7 or 8 son or daughter need help with reading, writing, computational skills and math?
Summer Skills Builder, offered July 3-13, 2018 (8:30am-12:30pm), will give them the confidence and fill some of the learning gaps to be successful in the next Grade level.
REGISTRATION RE-OPENS: February 26, 2018
If your Gr. 7 or 8 child needs help to get through this transitional time and grades or study habits are suffering, encourage them to get the extra help he/she needs. Certified Intermediate qualified teachers will provide instruction and additional resources to assist with the skills and tasks that follow this year’s curriculum ~ prepare them for tests and assignments at the next grade level by filling in learning gaps with a more solid understanding of literary and numeric concepts & formulas, using fun and engaging exercises. As a parent or teacher, when your child is lost in school, their confidence is affected.
As part of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board’s values, creating success for each and a place for all, SUMMER Skills Builder is a literacy and numeracy support program for students currently attending Grades 7 and 8 classes and entering Grades 8 and 9 in Fall of 2017. Students who may participate may be attending ANY school within Waterloo Region and has an OEN# (Ontario Enrolment Number, a 9-digit number found on your child’s current or past report cards).
- Would my child benefit from added instructional support at their grade level (Have they shown Level 1 or 2 in some areas of their progress reports)?
- Has your child’s day school teacher or principal recommended this program to be beneficial to your child? If you are not sure, have the conversation with them.
- Is your child: in Grade 6 entering Grade 7 in Sept 2017 (born 2006)
- Is your child: in Grade 7 entering Grade 8 in Sept 2017 (born 2005)
- Is your child: in Grade 8 entering Grade 9 in Sept 2017 (born 2004)
Tuesday, July 3 to Friday, July 13, 2018
(program not offered on Canada Day Holiday, July 2nd)