Been out of school for a while?
School may not have been easy for you, and the thought of going back to school makes you nervous. You know that this is the next step in life.
We will help you get there!
Students who take CorE:
- Prepare for their next step such as: Secondary School Credit courses, employment or volunteer work
- Maturity Credits, PLAR and School-to Work Skills Training
- Learn how to learn again — as an adult!
- Build confidence in reading, writing and math skills
- Focus on long-term goals and know what needs to be done to get there
- A comfortable classroom environment
- Flexible daytime hours of study
- Instruction tailored to your goals
- Certified adult instructors who will guide and prepare you, respect your needs and eagerly help you learn
- Upgrading to prepare for many credit classes, including English and Math
- E-learning options & other technology as an educational tool (if you choose)
Core Essentials is offered September to June, Monday to Thursday, 8:45am – 3:00pm at two St. Louis locations: St. Louis – Kitchener Main Campus and St. Benedict Campus. Length of the Program and frequency of attendance to achieve goals is determined at time of intake and during the development of your personalized learning plan.
Core Essentials is a FREE program. Eligible students may qualify for free bus tickets and assistance with child care costs.
Start Anytime during the school-year (September to June).
Call 519-745-1201 ext. 238 to book a session with our intake coordinator.
Meet the Core Essentials Team!
- Karen Morgan-Bowyer (Program Manager)
- Dina Amorim (Intake Coordinator)
- Noreen Appleby (Cambridge Instructor & PSW Essentials Instructor)
- Sandy Coghlin (Kitchener Instructor & Chef Essentials Instructor)
- Kim Jensen (Kitchener Instructor & Chef Essentials Instructor)
- Brenda Krys (Supply Instructor)
- Stephanie Peterson (Hair Essentials Instructor)
- Tracey Renon (Administrative Assistant)
WHAT’S NEW IN CORE?
Brenda Krys, Core Essentials Intake Coordinator has returned to St. Louis to support students by determining their current literacy and basic skills and developing a personalized plan with them to achieve their educational, volunteer and/or employment goals.
Core Essentials is funded by: