Additional Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing for Staff & Students During “April Break”
The Ontario government has announced several opportunities to access COVID-19 testing for staff and students during the upcoming April Break.
Asymptomatic targeted testing expansion
The following options will be available to staff and students in the community.
- For the week of April 12-18 only, pharmacies that currently offer asymptomatic testing for education staff, will now accept appointments from students.
- Children attending child care located within schools will also be eligible to access this testing. Please check with your local pharmacy on minimum testing age.
- While students/children can access testing in pharmacies for April 12-18 only, this testing will continue to be available for all staff.
- To book an appointment, visit the Covid-19 Testing Locations website, and select “pharmacy” as your location type, with the booking details requested.
- In addition to these pharmacies, Shoppers Drug Mart is also able to offer additional in-pharmacy Rapid Antigen Screening for students and staff beginning April 14, 2021
- Please see the accompanying list of participating stores
- To book an appointment, please contact the store directly.
- For the week of April 12-18, students and staff will also be able to access asymptomatic testing at local assessment centres.
- Children attending child care located within schools, and child care staff, will also be eligible to access this testing.
- This testing is only being offered to students, children and staff from April 12-18.
- To book an appointment, visit the Covid-19 Testing Locations website, and select “assessment centre” as your location type, with the booking details requested
Participating Shoppers Drug Mart Stores