Registration & Interview Required!
Requirements for the intake session are:
- Successfully complete literacy assessment and interview at intake/registration session
- 18 years of age or older – no high school diploma (Ontario Secondary School Diploma – OSSD) required
- Up to 7 elective secondary school credits can be earned and added to your high school transcript. To have PSW tuition fees paid for, all PSW students (whether you have an OSSD already or are working toward it) must visit a St. Louis Guidance Counsellor before beginning the course and as a condition of acceptance. Complete a Guidance Intake form to arrange this meeting. Guidance will let you know if these 7 elective credits means you have now completed all your Ontario Secondary School Diploma Requirements (including 40 hours of community activities).
- Provide proof of status in Canada and photo identification
- Must pass and have completed English language Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 7 . If English is not your first language, please bring your CLB assessment documents from class or from the YMCA Assessment Centre to the PSW intake.
- Classes offered in the 2023-2024 school year continue to be funded by the Ministry of Education with FREE TUITION.
- HOWEVER, there will be a materials fees of $1600 to be paid as a condition of acceptance and government support for paid placements in this program has discontinued until further notice.
Upon acceptance into the program the requirements below must be provided:
- Must provide a clear Criminal Records Check for Service with the Vulnerable Sector no later than 1 month prior to co-op placement. This means no charges, convictions, even withdrawals or discharges. Failure to provide a clear Criminal Records Check will prevent you from completing the program
- Copy of your transcript from the last high school or Adult and Continuing Education Centre you attended. If last school was out of country, you must make appointment with Guidance by completing the Guidance Intake form.
- Must complete CPR- Level BLS (Basic Life Support) / Standard First Aid training ** NEW** All classes will now include FREE and approved Standard First Aid & CPR-BLS, as part of the course curriculum. Students do not have to complete this additional pre-requisite training before beginning the St. Louis PSW Certificate Program.
- Mental and Physical health and fitness levels necessary to attend all classes and complete clinical workplace hours (lifting is required)
- Medical Assessment document required
- Tuberculosis (TB) test – clear result required
- Up -to date vaccinations, including proof of 3 doses of Covid-19 vaccine (as a requirement for placement)
- Proof of annual Flu Shot when available
- $1600 materials fee paid in full